Working in a remote and needy part of Indonesia our partners provide a day clinic, hospital care, tuberculosis, leprosy clinic and a treatment centre for victims of HIV/AIDS. A small farm is being developed offering agricultural training and food security for those who live on site. Hohidiai takes care of abandoned and “at risk” children and partners with a school to provide education for these and other children. The Hohidiai projects are assisted by an Australian couple who have been residents in the area for about twenty years. Hohidiai is responding to the COVID-19 crisis and has been asked by the local government to become one of the centres for COVID treatment.
Hohidiai have been working in this poverty-stricken area for many years. They have provided much-needed medical care, education and community development after a horrific conflict in the region saw 10,000+ people killed. We like the fact that our partners are working to train up local staff to ensure the community is empowered and can continue the work. The work is holistic, looking at the needs of the community and developing projects which will address these needs.
In this remote community, healthcare and education facilities are still developing. Hohidiai focuses on ‘discarded’ members of society such as abandoned and neglected children and those suffering from diseases that essentially make them outcasts in their own community.
- Improved health and education through the on-site clinic and school.
- Those with HIV/AIDS, leprosy and tuberculosis receive dignity and a sense of worth as well as quality care, improving their life expectancy.
- Community development projects generate food for staff, children and patients.
- A divided community is given the opportunity to heal and re-unite.
Step 1: Direct Bank Deposit (online or in branch)
Direct Deposit donations can be made via:
Global Development Group Limited
ASB Business Focus Account
- Ongoing regular deposits need to be setup with your bank or online.
- Please ensure you include the Donor’s initials (i.e. J. Smith) & J1084N in the description of the direct deposit.
Step 2: Email us your donation details
Email your donation details. Email is our preferred method of contact email@example.com
We receive multiple direct deposit donations daily, so please ensure that you contact us with your donation details.
The donation details we need are:-
a) The name & address of the donor for receipting purposes and/or name on deposit description
b) The amount, date of donation & frequency