Don’t want to use PayPal?
1) Try Direct Deposit or Cheque
Note that there are two other donation options available, please check out our Direct Deposit or Cheque options.
2) Why did we choose PayPal for Credit Card donations?
For credit card donations, please be advised management have choosen to use PayPal to process donations in NZ in order to reduce costs and complaints over the previous process, to provide for a more timely receipting process, and to maximise the funds available to our development projects around the world.
After researching the feasibility of available options and related infrastructure costs, we have chosen to utilise PayPal as our donation platform for NZ donations. Using PayPal for your credit card donations will mean the donations will be processed immediately and automatically (not manually) in NZ dollars & will go straight to our office for allocating & receipting. This will be much quicker & more cost effective than the previous way of processing credit card donations manually by our Australian Office.
What were the problems with the old system?
- Credit card donations were processed in Australia through our sister NGO, GDG.
- Each donation required a manual calculation for the currency conversion from NZD to AUD at the day’s rate
- Accordingly NZ credit cards donations were entered manually, by a GDG (Australia) staff member
- Recurring (monthly) donations could not be established automatically but had to be processed individually manually every month, due to currency rate fluctuations
- Often there was issues with being unable process NZ credit cards in Australia, leading to frustrating delays and communication between GDG, the donor and the donor’s bank in the NZ to resolve the issue.
- NZ donors were often subject to additional bank charges, such as
- overseas transaction fees
- foreign currency exchange costs, and
- other unexpected bank charges
- These donations processed in Australia then had to be transferred monthly to GDG NZ so that we could issue receipts to our NZ donors
- Accordingly GDG & GDG NZ also experienced additional excessive bank charges & associated costs
- This also created delays for NZ donors to receive their receipts, and
- Delays before our projects would be notified of project funds available – and receive them on the ground.