Gateway Children’s Fund (GCF) in PNG functions as a comprehensive child development agency utilising a holistic 5-tier Program in order to meet MDG targets. GCF focus their resources on Infant & Maternal Care, Preschool Wellbeing, Elementary School, Leadership Development, and Community Projects.
GCF is a child focused development program aimed at practically improving the lives of PNG’s poorest children, believing every child deserves access to good food, clean water, and basic education. GCF are passionate about helping poor children live in safe, healthy environments. The hope is that the children will flourish and grow up to help their families, villages, and nation.
GCF’s child development program includes:
- Maternal health care, including immunisations
- Play school, including education of primary carers in nutrition and basic hygiene
- Pre-school education addressing literacy, numeracy, nutrition
- Provision of school fees for Primary children
- Regular health checks and basic health care