EAGLE Project India is a multifaceted community development project that seeks to sustainably improve the living conditions of the local community in Kandigia Siddiraju, located in the state of Andra Pradesh which adjoins the state of Tamil Nadu.
Through building relationships within the community and encouraging local participation in all activities, the project aims to raise awareness on primary health, providing literacy classes, vocational training and micro-financing small business enterprises to enhance economic stability. The project aims to achieve this through 5 primary development activities in:
- Children’s Program providing holistic care for 30 children;
- Age Care Facility providing holistic care for 5 aged people;
- Primary Health Centre providing medical care to tribal and people in need;
- Vocational Training Program giving tailor training to a self-help ladies group in the area for micro-enterprise development; and
- Building Program where local beneficiaries are employed as labourers and provided with building skills training in the construction of local infrastructure connected to the project.