Who are we and what do we do?
“Building better lives for the world’s poorest people”
Global Development Group, established in 2002, is a Brisbane-based, Australian-founded non-government overseas humanitarian development organisation. Our passion is to provide comprehensive quality management to help achieve development effectiveness, together with our partners, in our aid and development projects and activities around the world.
Target development sectors
- Child protection
- Community development
- Education and vocational training
- Emergency relief and prevention
- Gender equality and empowerment
- Social justice
- WASH (Water, Sanitation and Health)
For further information about our goals, please click on the link.
We work towards a world where people live free of poverty with the opportunity and the ability to shape their own lives.
Global Development Group exists to relieve poverty in a tangible way and provide long-term solutions through the delivery of quality aid and development projects together with our partners around the world.
- Partnership – a strong, mutual, working relationship is important to us. We aim to work at building and improving relationship so we can accomplish more in the world together.
- Integrity, trust and loyalty – these qualities are essential to any successful and lasting relationship or project.
- Quality – we believe in continually improving all project operations, administration and management and full accountability. We place a strong emphasis on project monitoring and evaluation which is having a significant, long-term impact in the countries where we work.
- Passion –we value passionate desire to make a difference. It drives us on to accomplish something great even when we grow weary.
- Teamwork – as with partnership, recognising and realising the gifts and abilities of others helps us achieve more.
‘Synergy’ is at the heart of our engagement with our partners, meaning simply that ‘we accomplish more together’. We carefully select and approve overseas partners, and often Australian partners as well, to assist in design, support, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of our projects. We have a small-scale, grassroots approach to our development projects. In consultation with the local beneficiary community, we seek to ‘start where they are at’, and empower the local community to utilise their existing resources, local knowledge, skills and materials. We seek to help build their capacity for understanding, managing and becoming responsible for the development activities as they become more sustainable.
Please click the links below to find out more about our GDG team.
Global Development Group has been an approved OAGDS (Overseas Aid Gift Deduction Scheme) organization since 10 March, 2004. Donations to Global Development Group have been tax deductible since that time. Global Development Group is able to work in areas of specialist relief and humanitarian aid not covered by some of the larger NGO’s.
Global Development Group is also accountable to ACFID (Australian Council for International Development), DFAT (Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the ACNC (Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission).
To find out more information, please visit our Accountability page here.